Beauty Of Kumaon
- 6 Nights Uttarakhand
Encompassing the oldest national park in India, the Jim Corbett National Park, and several other beautiful valleys, the region of Corbett in the Indian state of Uttarakhand, is reminiscent of the vivid world conjured by Rudyard Kipling in his book, ' The Jungle Book’. Hilly ridges interspersed with flat valleys and green grasslands complementing marshy wetlands, Corbett has a wide variety of flora and fauna. A soul with wanderlust is drawn to this region, with its spectacular panoramas and adventurous vibe. Nestled among the Himalayas is the small hill station called Ranikhet. ‘Ranikhet’ literally translates to ' Queen’s meadow' in Hindi and its picturesque setting.
DAY 1 - Arrive in Delhi | Drive from Delhi to Corbett (250 km/approx. 7 hours)
- Upon your arrival at the Delhi airport/railway station, board the designated vehicle and drive to Corbett National Park. Situated in Uttarakhand, Corbett is famous for being the oldest national park in India. An ideal spot for wildlife lovers, the park is adorned by the beauty of fauna and flora.
- After arriving in Corbett, check-in at the hotel and spend the rest of the day relaxing and refreshing yourself in the leisure time.
DAY 2 - Trip to Corbett
- In the morning, check-out from the hotel to begin your journey towards the mesmerizing attraction, Corbett National Park. Known to be India's first Tiger Reserve, the park is a home to variety of species of birds, reptiles, mammals, plants and shrubs. Go on a safari ride (charges applicable) and explore the fauna and flora at the park.
- Tall, grassy meadows, pure sal trees, bamboo, a variety of grasses, shrubs and green sheesham contribute to the greenery of Corbett National Park. The residents of the park include tigers, leopards, bear, hog, sambar deer, muntjac, fox, spotted deer, cheetal, ducks, spotted eagles, woodpeckers and many other species of animals and birds. Crocodiles, gharials, turtles and several water birds also dwell in the natural environment of Corbett National Park.
- After spending quality time at the park, return back to the hotel and stay overnight.
DAY 3 - Drive from Corbett to Ranikhet (130 km/approx. 4 hours)
- In the morning, check-out from the hotel and start your journey towards another charming destination - Ranikhet, referred to as 'Queen's Meadow'. Board your designated vehicle and drive to the place to familiarise yourself with its uniqueness. Upon your arrival at Ranikhet, check-in at the hotel and enjoy rest of the day at leisure. You would be amused and fascinated by the serenity and floral beauty of this hill station. Stay overnight at the hotel and relax.
DAY 4 - Sightseeing in Ranikhet
- This morning, embark on a sightseeing tour of Ranikhet. The ancient temples, stunning landscape and alluring flora and fauna of the place would mesmerise you.
- While exploring the ancient temples, you would familiarize yourself with the architecture and divinity of the place. Sun Temple, Binsar Mahadev Temple, Makameshwar Temple, Haidakhan Temple, Jhoola Devi Temple and Hairakhan Temple are among the most famous temples of Ranikhet. These temples are well-known not only for their religious importance but also unique and detailed architecture.
- You would be delighted to experience the calm environment, tall conifer trees, green meadows and natural beauty of this hill station. Eye-catching sceneries, trekking opportunities and fantastic picnic spots will make your visit an unforgettable experience.
- After enjoying your day in the serene environment of Ranikhet, spend your night at leisure in your hotel.
DAY 5 - Drive from Ranikhet to Nainital (60 km/approx. 2 hours) Excursion to Almora En route
- Check-out from the hotel and board the designated vehicle to start your journey to Almora. A jewel on the crescent – shaped mountain, Almora is a town of natural beauty and temples. While enjoying the scenic beauty, you can spend your day by shopping in this hill station. You can visit Lala Bazaar, a 200-year old market, and buy stuffs like Angora cloth made of Angora rabbits and special copper vessels of Almora. You can also visit Govind Vallabh Pant Museum to see 'Apen' folk – paintings and other treasures. The culturally-rich Almora is home to many temples, such as Chitai (Golu Devta), Nanda Devi, Katarmal, Jageshwar, Kasar Devi and the 800 year old Sun Temple. These temples are known not only for their religious value but also for their architectural quality. Sightseeing, shopping and visiting temples will keep you busy all the time in Almora. Finally, you can relax for sometime and then leave for Nainital.
- After you reach Nainital, check-in at your hotel and relax.
DAY 6 - Sightseeing in Nainital
- In the morning, check-out from the hotel and be ready for the sightseeing of Nainital, popularly known as the 'Lake District'.
- Board your vehicle and drive to Hanuman Garhi, a famous religious centre and a beautiful picnic spot. Next proceed for an enthralling tour of three beautiful lakes - Bhimtal, Nakuchiatal and Sattal, situated at a distance of 5 to 8 km from each other. The moderate weather, placid surroundings and scenic beauty of these lakes would draw your attention. You get a chance to do fun-filled activities such as bird watching and boating.
- Nainital's alluring beauty will tempt you to admire the glory of Mother Nature. You can visit Naini Lake, Naina Devi Temple, Nainital Zoo, Eco-Cave Garden, Snow-View Point and other treasures at the place. From Snow-View point, you can get a beautiful view of the snow-capped Himalayas.
- Stay overnight at the hotel and relax.
DAY 7 - Drive from Nainital to Delhi (279 km/approx. 7 hours)
- Refresh yourself and check-out from the hotel in the morning. Board the designated vehicle and drive back to the Delhi airport/station for your return journey.
- Welcome drink on arrival.
- Parking and Toll tax.
- Meet & greet on arrival.
- 06 Breakfasts & 06 Dinners
- Pick and Drop at time of arrival/departure.
- Driver's allowance, Road tax and Fuel charges.
- Sightseeing by private car.
- All hotel and transport taxes & Driver Allowances.
- All transfers and sightseeing by personal car.
- 06 Nights Accommodation on double sharing basis.
- Camera fee.
- Alcoholic / Non- Alcoholic beverages.
- Travel insurance.
- 5% GST.
- Any Airfare / Train fare.
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, and vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Tips, laundry & phone call.
- Entrance fees to monuments and museum.
- All personal expenses.